Customer Collects $1 Million in Monopoly® Collect & Win Game!

May 30th, 2012

Monopoly
May 30, 2012 – BOISE, ID — Albertsons Market announced today that El Paso resident Melissa Varela is the confirmed winner of the Grand Prize in Albertsons Monopoly® Collect & Win Game.  Ms. Varela won the only $1 Million cash prize offered in this year’s game by shopping at Albertsons Market at 9111 Dyer in El Paso and collecting the promotional game tickets.“Giving a great customer like Melissa the Grand Prize in our Monopoly® game is just a fantastic way for us to close out the promotion this year,” said Albertsons El Paso store director Abel Olivas.  “When someone like Melissa wins such a big prize, it’s like all of us in our store here won. We couldn’t be happier for her.”Olivas and Albertsons division leadership were on hand to present her with her winning check this afternoon.Albertsons Market has offered the Monopoly Collect and Win Promotion since 2009, and awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes with the four promotions.
This year’s grand prize is the biggest one awarded to date. The last Albertsons Monopoly Collect & Win grand prize redeemed was in the first year of the contest, when a Los Lunas, NM couple won the $500,000 mortgage payoff. Customers have until June 12, 2012 to check any remaining tickets and claim prizes in this year’s game.
Monopoly Million

###

About Albertsons Market

Albertsons Market, owned by Albertson’s LLC, is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The company is privately owned and operates around 200 stores under the Albertson’s banner in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Texas. The MONOPOLY name and logo, the distinctive design of the gameboard, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment. © 1935, 2011 Hasbro. All rights reserved. No purchase necessary. See store for complete rules and how to play.

For More Information Contact: Christine Wilcox, Albertsons Public Affairs Director,  Mobile: 208.409.9876 | Email:christine.wilcox@albertsonsllc.com

19 Responses to Customer Collects $1 Million in Monopoly® Collect & Win Game!

1. Charles Elliott 02/05/2013 at 9:32 pm

I need help in being able to enter my “Online Game Codes” in the “game link” noted on the game pieces. So far there is no such listing in the Albertsons web sites. At present I have 12 entries that I can’t submit on the computer and doing it by 12 envelopes is just to much!!!

Your help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks Chuck Elliott

2. Raleigh 05/01/2014 at 1:06 pm

How many million dollar winners is there now?

• Customer Care Customer Care 12/01/2014 at 1:13 pm

Yes, we had one winner of the Million Dollar Prize so far, Raleigh. I have submitted your idea for having a MacBook Pro with 15″ inch retina display as a prize idea for future sweepstakes. Thank you and have a great week! ~Marie

3. Laurene Surplice 25/02/2014 at 8:06 pm

How do we enter the monopoly game on line

4. Michele Miller 15/03/2014 at 2:10 am

just want to say,I won a 25 dollar cash prize, and I am a very HAPPY camper!!! Yeah!! No matter how small the prize,life is too short to not appreciate the good things …Thank you for allowing me to participate every day in this company!!!!!!!

5. SHEIDA 23/03/2014 at 6:35 pm

omg she so lucky imwas doing monopoly but when i bought som thing is the same ihave bade luck shame on me omg :(

6. Natalie 24/03/2014 at 7:04 pm

I’m confused about what I’m supposed to do with the monopoly board game coupons that come attached to the main code. Do we need to collect a certain amount of the same ones to win?

7. Catherine 27/03/2014 at 3:54 pm

Hi,
    How can i get the ” Monopoly collect and winning game board ?”

• Customer Care Customer Care 27/03/2014 at 6:56 pm

Thank you for your question, Catherine. Please visit the Customer Service Desk at your local store. Good luck! ~Shasta

8. patricia 11/04/2014 at 4:01 pm

Why is your Monopoly game so DIFFICULT?

I can not understand how one even enrolls this is very frustrating!!! Can’t you simplify the GAME?

• Customer Care Customer Care 13/04/2014 at 12:04 pm

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems, Patricia. Please go to https://albertsons.playmonopoly.us and click on “New Player” and fill out the form. Please know that the game is best accesses by a desktop or laptop computer. Also, the fields that ask for the state and and city are for your local store, not your own address. If you are still having problems registering, there should be a place where you can “Click Here” for support. I hope this helps! ~Marie

9. Maria 11/05/2014 at 1:17 am

I have these little coupons that were inside of the little card that you are suppose to tear apart that say $500 xbox one & another that says $250 grocery gift card does that mean i won it or i have a chance of winning it?

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/05/2014 at 8:34 am

The $500 Xbox and the $250 Grocery Gift Card prizes are not instant win prizes and do require multiple pieces to win, Maria. Please refer to the Monopoly Game board to verify which pieces are needed to win each specified prize. For more details and information on the prizes available, see the Official Rules at https://albertsons.playmonopoly.us/view/rules – Thanks for playing and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. ~Kimberly

10. Sharron 24/05/2014 at 4:40 pm

cannot verify my game codes. There is no box available as there was a few weeks ago. Help!

11. Monique 28/05/2014 at 5:21 pm

I don’t have a game broad, how many tickets do I need to win a1,000,000?
    I have five.

• Customer Care Customer Care 29/05/2014 at 3:56 am

Hey there, Monique. To check what tickets are needed to win a prize a game board would be needed. If you’d like we can certainly find out if any of your local stores have a board available. Which store do you shop at? ~Cindy