Albertsons LLC Announces Division Leadership
Feb 20th, 2013
Company Taps Legacy Albertsons Executives to Drive Local Growth, Improve Operations
BOISE, ID – February 20, 2013 – Albertsons LLC today announced that it has selected the Division Presidents to lead the stores that it will acquire from SUPERVALU upon transaction close in mid-March. The Company is also announcing the formation of a new Northwest division office, to be based in Portland, OR, which will manage operations for stores in Northern Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
A combination of internal talent and external expertise with deep roots in retail, the new leadership will assume responsibility of their respective operating areas following the close of the transaction, which is slated for the third week in March 2013. All of the new Division Presidents worked for Albertsons LLC previously or are currently employed by the Company.
- Acme Markets – Jim Perkins – formerly Vice President of Operations for Albertsons Inc., and Director of Operations for Albertsons LLC’s Southern Division, Jim began his career at Albertsons in 1982. Jim is returning to the Company after having held the role of Regional Vice President with Giant Food.
- Albertsons Divisions:
- Northwest Division – Dennis Bassler – currently a District Manager in the Albertsons LLC Southern Division and formerly the Senior Vice President, Marketing/Merchandising for Albertsons, Inc., Dennis began his career at Albertsons in 1981.
- Intermountain Division – Susan Morris – currently Vice President of Marketing and Merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southwest Division, Susan began her career with Albertsons in Denver in 1985.
- Southern California Division – Wayne Denningham – currently the Albertsons LLC Southern Division President, Wayne began his career at Albertsons in 1977.
- Southern Division – Mike Withers – currently Vice President of Albertsons LLC Marketing and Merchandising for the Southern Division, Mike began his career at Albertsons in 1976.
- Southwest Division – Shane Dorcheus – currently Albertsons LLC President of the Albertsons LLC Southwest Division, Shane started with Albertsons in 1980, and will continue in his role as Southwest Division President.
- Jewel Osco – William Emmons – formerly Southern Division President of Albertsons LLC, William is returning to the Company following his retirement in October 2010. He began his career at Albertsons in 1971.
- Shaws & Star Markets – Shane Sampson – formerly Vice President of Marketing and Merchandising for the Albertsons LLC Southern Division, Shane started with Albertsons in 1983 and was a division president in the Intermountain and Florida divisions of Albertson’s Inc. Shane is returning to the Company after having held the role of Senior Vice President Operations at Giant Food.
The new leaders are looking forward to moving to their respective divisions and working with the associates there to drive local growth and improve store operations.
About Albertsons LLC
Established in 2006, Albertsons LLC is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The company is privately owned by Cerberus Capital Management, Kimco Realty Corporation, Klaff Realty, Lubert-Adler Partners, and Schottenstein Stores Corporation. The company operates 190 Albertsons Market-branded stores and two Super Saver Foods stores in eight states and employs approximately 20,000 associates. For more information, please visit www.AlbertsonsMarket.com.
Contact: Christine Wilcox, firstname.lastname@example.org, 208.409.9876