Albertsons LLC Names Amy Kirby Vice President of Marketing

Christine

Feb 21st, 2013

Amy Kirby

Boise, ID – (February 21, 2013) – Albertson’s LLC has named Amy Kirby to the position of Vice President of Marketing. In this new corporate role for the Company, Kirby will be responsible for overseeing all traditional marketing functions, developing company-wide campaigns and bridging them to regional strategies, advising division leadership on all aspects of advertising and managing the Company’s marketing in collaboration with corporate and division executives.

Kirby had previously been with Albertson’s Inc. as a Marketing Director in Colorado from 1994 to 2000 when the company was in a state of rapid growth. She returned to that role as senior account director with the Company’s marketing partner, Ivie & Associates, in 2006 when Albertson’s LLC was launched.

“Amy was a key member of the Ivie marketing team that helped us develop and execute successful marketing programs across our company during a time of constant change,” said Bob Butler, Executive Vice President of Operations.  “Her extensive background in marketing with our company, Ivie and Albertsons Inc. combined with her creative, fresh focus on what consumers want today makes her uniquely qualified to step into this new role for our company and hit the ground running.”

Prior to joining Albertson’s LLC, Kirby was Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Pangea with additional responsibilities towards software deployment and client services.

About Albertsons Market

Established in 2006, Albertsons Market, owned by Albertson’s LLC, is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The company is privately owned by Cerberus Capital Management, Kimco Realty Corporation, Klaff Realty, Lubert-Adler Partners, and Schottenstein Stores Corporation.  The company operates 190 Albertson’s Market-branded stores in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Texas, and two Super Saver Foods stores in Utah, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Find more company information at Albertsons.com and follow their social channels at Facebook.com/Albertsons, Twitter.com/Albertsons, and Pinterest.com/Albertsons.

# # #

Media Contact:

Christine Wilcox, Albertson’s LLC
mobile/text: 208.409.9876 | christine.wilcox@albertsonsllc.com

13 Responses to Albertsons LLC Names Amy Kirby Vice President of Marketing

1. MICHAEL BROWN 26/03/2013 at 12:43 pm

I was wondering who to contact in order for the people in Brea,ca, 92821, to get back on mailer list for weekly adds. Ever since Supervalu closed the store in Fullerton, we have not recieved adds. We would love to shop at your stores, but without adds to compare, we end up at the compations.

• Jana 06/05/2013 at 7:56 pm

Hi Michael, Please feel free to send your email address and the store you typically shop at to me at social {at} albertsonsllc.com and I’ll make sure you’re on the mailing list when we take over the ads in June. I apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. ~Jana

2. cherin quittschreiber 21/06/2013 at 4:48 pm

I would really like to let the new owners of some of the problems I had with the previous owner and response to my complaints. You have inherits some great people but the few that are staying are going to another store or have been let go. I am really disappointed. The store I shop at I have been going to since it was Lucky’s . I have know all the managers because I do tell them when things are wrong. I need to be able to send a message to someone OTHER than the manager because they (in most part) don’t think they should do anything for the client..
    Cherin Quittschreiber

3. Jay Tunnell 01/08/2013 at 11:29 pm

I was wondering who your advertising agency is for the Lake Havasu, Kingman, Bullhead City and Parker AZ area is.
    I represent a group of four radio stations that cover the entire tri-state area.
    We are based out of Lake Havasu City and our studios are located two blocks from the Albertsons Market.

Jay Tunnell
    Advertising
    KJJJ, KNTR, KVYL, KNTR Sports 980
    928-716-0980
    jay@myradiocentral.com

4. "Luckysaver" 21/09/2013 at 6:13 am

There are no websites/sample ads for the Lucky-Savon Food & Drug 6142 in South Gate CA and the 2 SuperSaver stores in Utah. Why don’t they have websites?

• Customer Care Customer Care 22/09/2013 at 12:12 am

Good question, Luckysaver! The stores you’ve asked about are different from our traditional grocery stores, and because we have such a limited number of them, we’ve not developed websites for them. If you have any other questions just email us at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com. Thanks for posting! ~Zachary

5. April Hargett 17/10/2013 at 10:44 am

I am not sure who to contact since on the contact us page there are not direct links to the people in charge of different stores. I am writing this letter after 9 years of shopping at the Albertson’s in Saginaw Texas. I love the new store and the carts. The inside is amazing. Also nice touch with the TCU store…Go Frogs. However, the parking lot is a mess. Today there were dirty diapers, fast food bags, and just a ton of trash all over the parking lot. This is not the first time I have noticed the amount of trash that Albertson’s has in the parking lot. I also shop at the Albertson’s in Keller on Golden Triangle. It does not look like this at all. There were tons of birds flying around the parking lot eating the trash. I don’t understand why bother with the new store if you aren’t going to keep the parking lot clean. It is gross. If that Albertson’s wasn’t the closest to my job I would not shop there. Can I suggest lots of trash cans in the parking lot to encourage people to throw their trash in when they are shopping. I don’t know if that would help but it is so disgusting the amount of trash.

• Customer Care Customer Care 20/10/2013 at 1:23 pm

Thank you for letting us know about the condition of the parking lot at the Saginaw Albertsons, April. I have made the appropriate people aware of this, as well as your suggestions to improve the appearance of the lot. I am glad that you enjoy the store overall, but I’m sorry that the parking lot doesn’t reflect what’s inside. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you have a wonderful week! ~Marie

6. Employee 01/12/2013 at 9:45 pm

I work for Albertsons as a cashier for 20 plus years. The coupon ad for eggs 99 cents general Mills cereal selected varieties etc. Ad was poorly written on coupons on to what items for General Mills cereal could be bought with the coupon. I as a checker was ready for a break down in checkstand after 2 hours of telling customer only the pictures of cereal on coupon these seemed to only work. Customers were upset threaten to call corporate because they did understand coupon and WHICH SELECTED ITEMS were available as usually for all our coupons. These coupons need to be relooked over on how there advertised it makes for unhappy cashiers and customers.Very poor advertising.I hope this change for sake of all.

• Customer Care Customer Care 02/12/2013 at 1:11 pm

Thanks so much for your post. We know that there was confusion with that particular coupon, and your division’s team did its best to help customers understand which items applied to the coupon at the shelf when they made their selections. The Marketing team has received the feedback, too. We sincerely appreciate your genuine concern for our customers as you explained the applicable items when the coupon was presented. We’ll do better next time.

7. Mike Kruver 28/04/2014 at 8:15 am

Thank you for the post. I am writing in response to a recent marketing poster noticed in multiple store. The poster advertised “cheep” chicken. Was this a misspelling? This was pointed out to me by numerous comical customers in store.

Thanks,

Mike

• Christine Christine 28/04/2014 at 8:34 am

Hi Mike, the spelling for “cheep” is intentional – and we do get comments from time to time that we are spelling-challenged, but it’s meant to mimic the “peeps” that chickens make. Hope that helps! Thanks for your question and have a great day! ~ Christine