Big Changes are Coming!

Jun 11th, 2013

As you probably know, back in March Albertson’s LLC purchased all of the remaining Albertsons grocery stores in CA, ID, MT, ND, NV, OR, WY, and UT that were formerly owned by Supervalu. For some time now, we’ve had two websites, two Facebook pages, essentially two of everything.

We can finally simplify everything and just be “Albertsons”. Next week we will merge our websites, Facebook pages, mobile applications, and more. We’re doing our best to make this transition seamless but we know that there might be a few hiccups along the way. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.

Here are the highlights:

• Tuesday, June 18th: AlbertsonsMarket.com will become Albertsons.com. In addition, our new Albertsons mobile app will be launching. Watch for it in iTunes and Google Play.
  • Wednesday, June 19th: If you’ve previously signed up on Albertsons.com or AlbertsonsMarket.com you’ll begin receiving your new local Weekly Ad via email. If you haven’t signed up yet, watch the Market Mixx for the new email sign-up page!
  • Thursday, June 20th: Our Albertsons and Albertsons Market Facebook pages and Twitter accounts will be merged.
    Like us at Facebook.com/Albertsons and follow us at Twitter.com/Albertsons!

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our Customer Service line at 1-877-932-7948.
We look forward to serving you online and at your local Albertsons Store!

Kind Regards,
The Albertsons Team

34 Responses to Big Changes are Coming!

1. Anthony 13/06/2013 at 7:16 pm

I miss my Albertsons stores at 22nd street on Hillsborough Av and on North Del Mbry @ Waters Av in Tampa, FL. The nearest stores are 27.5 miles away, across the bay in Largo, Fl at the Largo Mall or the one also across the bay in Clearwater, FL.

2. Jeannie C. 19/06/2013 at 2:46 am

When shopping at Albertsons (#6018) two nights ago, I was told the Albertsons Reward program was discontinued as of 6/14/13. Why is that? Are you going to apply special rates across the store to every customer now, or are Rewards members going to be paying full retail without the occasional discounts? Why not let members know of this change via the weekly emails? Good luck with the transition. We love the staff and service we get at Store #6018 in Las Vegas!

• Jana 19/06/2013 at 9:19 pm

Hi Jeannie, Thank you for reaching out to us! A customer care representative will reach out to you via the email address you provided with your comment shortly.

3. Carla Paterson 19/06/2013 at 3:08 am

I do hope Albertson’s can improve their Bakery. Compared to Vons bakery, Albertson’s brand new one in Carpinteria is totally inferior in taste, selection, price; everything.

• Jana 19/06/2013 at 9:45 pm

Hi Carla, I’m sorry to hear that! A customer care representative will be reaching out to you shortly via email for more information on your experiences. Thanks for taking the time to tell us and I hope you have a great rest of your day! ~Jana

4. dayle 24/06/2013 at 2:51 am

Hi,
    With the changes that are happening, I am wondering if Albys is still going to be doing the twice the value coupons or if that will be going away along with the preferred cards? I sure hope not! Love me some Albys!

5. Jeff Fowler 07/07/2013 at 3:45 am

Personally, I would like to see AWG start using their trailers as a good source of promotion for Alberton’s and others. If warehousing for Albertson’s has to be done by Associated Warehouse Grocers, wouldn’t a little exposure for Albertson’s be good for both Albertson’s and AWG?

6. Mary Hunt 11/07/2013 at 6:40 pm

Not all changes are good! I have been shopping at my local Albertson’s for 16 years. WHY did you discontinue the Super Chill products. I was buying about $100.00 a month of Super Chill drinks because they are wonderful and now you change to Shasta! My local store, (who I love the employees by the way) made me try the Shasta and the first bottle I opened was flat. Nice way to start off.

As a secondary issue, I really wish that the produce department would 1st-offer more produce NOT grown in Mexico and 2nd-make the labels of where the produce is from easier to see. On my last visit, I could not find one tomatoe that was not grown in Mexico. Even the “Organic” was grown in Mexico. I understand the seasonal issue. If I want Asparagus or Cantaloupe in December it is not grown here but it is July. I would suspect that at least one US farmer is growing tomatoes. I really prefer to support US farmers.

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/08/2013 at 11:31 pm

Thank you for your feedback, Mary. I’m sorry that you’re not finding all of the changes to be positive. Could you let me know at which Albertsons you shopped so we can look into why SuperChill was discontinued and see if we can get some more produce from the USA into your area? Thank you. ~Marie

7. mari 11/07/2013 at 9:43 pm

I heard that we will be having doubles again is that true? and if so will everyone get them are is it going to be some states

8. Sandra Healy 18/07/2013 at 4:59 pm

I echo the comment about improving your bakeries. I ordered a sheet cake online, asking for one of the designs on the site. When I got to the store this morning to pickup, the elderly woman decorating was doing something different than my order. The icing was buttercream not the cream cheese I ordered. The writing was messy. Lastly, the cake top was wavy because something obviously happened in the bake process. I’m really ticked mostly because this is the 3rd time I’ve ordered a sheet cake and all 3 times I did not receive what I ordered. 1st time it was a chocolate cake and I got vanilla; 2nd time it was supposed to be red velvet–I got vanilla and the decor was incorrect. 3rd time was wrong again!!! It is obvious this older woman cannot perform this job and it needs to be addressed. Very very disappointing.

• Customer Care Customer Care 12/08/2013 at 12:09 am

Hello Sandy, I’m sorry to the delay in response and I’m even more sorry that you’ve receive three cakes that weren’t what you ordered. If you haven’t had this issue resolved already, please email me at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com and we’ll make sure you get some resolution. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I hope you have a good rest of your day. ~Marie

9. Elaine Archer 31/07/2013 at 2:08 am

I’ve heard about Albertson’s LLC gives seniors XX% off on the first Wednesday of each month. Is that true?

It sure would help the seniors in my small town better manage their food budget dollars.

Thank you.

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/08/2013 at 10:07 pm

We do offer a 10% discount in some of our areas, Elaine, but not on a regular basis. The areas in which we are currently offering a senior discount are Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico. We are considering expanding this offer to Southern California in the future. Please check with your local store for more information. I hope that helps! ~Marie

10. Terry Herwick 04/08/2013 at 4:08 am

At my store in Las Vegas..Las Vegas – Charleston & Burnham..you have dropped the discount soda line, in favor of Shasta..however you do not have their diet ginger ale..or any diet ginger ale except super over-priced Canada dry..I don’t drink any other drink..and I live across the street from that store. I’m on a fixed income..and EBT..and $2 for a 2ltr soda is ridiculous. Are you ever going to get discount soda again?

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/08/2013 at 8:37 pm

Well, Terry, I have some good news. Shasta does offer a Diet Ginger Ale in a 2 Liter Bottle. I have send a request for your store to carry this product. The Store Director will follow up with you at the email address you provided. Please let us know if you need anything else! ~Marie

11. Nancy B 20/08/2013 at 11:19 pm

My husband works for Jewel/Oslo and can’t find information on his retirement fund. Any info would help. Thanks!

• Customer Care Customer Care 24/08/2013 at 3:32 pm

Hey Nancy! Your husband should be able to talk to his Personnel Coordinator at the store (or Human Resources Representative if he works at one of our offices) about his retirement benefits. If he’s already done that and has not been able to get the information he needs, please email us at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com or call 1-877-932-7948. Thank you! ~Marie

12. Bryce Johnston 09/09/2013 at 8:43 pm

What changes can we expect with the purchase of the Texas chain of United Supermarkets? Will they be converted to Albertson’s brand?

• Christine Christine 10/09/2013 at 3:35 am

Hi Bryce, although we’re still awaiting the transaction close subject to customary government approvals, we have no plans to change United. United will operate as a new business unit within Albertson’s LLC, reporting directly to Bob Miller, and there are no plans to convert any United locations to the Albertsons brand. Thanks so much for your question, and have a great day!

13. John Adams 19/09/2013 at 6:02 pm

Hello ,
    We are proud to introduce Edesia Enterprises, Inc. the manufacture of “Simply Kale” the new Health Snack. We are interested in becoming a vendor. We are in seven Mothers health food stores in orange county California and college bookstores around the United States.
    We would like to supply you with samples of our products for your review. Please let me know where you would like them sent and to whom.
    We look forward to the opportunity of working with you and supplying you with Simply Kale.
    Sincerely,
    John Adams
    johnadams@simplykale.com
    SimplyKale.com
    Edesia Enterprises, Inc.
    272 S Los Robles Avenue
    Pasadena, CA 91101
    FOB – Upland CA
    FD ID 46 221 3172

• Customer Care Customer Care 21/09/2013 at 1:15 am

Hello Jon, thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor for our stores. For detailed information on how to go about beggining this process, please email us at “AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com” Thank you for your time! ~Zachary

14. Paula Hickerson 08/10/2013 at 4:14 pm

How do I apply for a job at Albertsons?

15. Mike 15/10/2013 at 12:43 pm

Do you have any plans to expand in the state of florida?

• Customer Care Customer Care 20/10/2013 at 12:29 pm

I haven’t heard anything, Mike, but I’ll be sure to let our Real Estate Team know that you’d like to see more Albertsons stores in Florida. Thank you for being a fan and have a great week! ~Marie

16. Mary 19/11/2013 at 5:10 pm

I think the first step would be to standardize all the weekly ads across the USA. There are different weekly ads across different regions now. I don’t know if this was the result of the various stores being owned by two different companies or if it’s just a matter of charging different prices in different regions. Most stores have slightly different weekly ads in different regions but the Albertsons one is radically different across regions. I visit couponing sites that alert shoppers to discounts, but being in California I can’t use that information because my weekly ad is radically different than the one that is referred to on the coupon sites.

• Customer Care Customer Care 23/11/2013 at 1:16 pm

Thank you for your feedback about making one standarized ad for all of our stores nationwide, Mary. I understand, especially when you are writing for something that is seen nationally, it would make it easier if every ad was the same. The ads vary from area to area for a number of reasons: to account for local tastes and variety; commodity pricing; and to be competitive with other area grocery stores. I have shared your idea with our Marketing Department, though, for future consideration. ~Marie

17. juliana 17/01/2014 at 7:33 pm

Are you eventually moving out of florida….We currently live so far from your store because you closed the stores around us

• Customer Care Customer Care 20/01/2014 at 7:23 am

At this time we don’t have any immediate plans to leave the area, Julianna. When the decision is made to close a store, it’s a difficult one given the impact it has on our valuable customers and associates. You can be assured that I’ve shared your comments with our Real Estate Team, and I’d like to thank you for being a loyal Albertsons’ customer. ~Cindy

18. Kelli 04/05/2014 at 11:15 am

How can I request a product to be ordered/carried. They used to have these forms around the store, but I am having trouble finding them now.

• Customer Care Customer Care 04/05/2014 at 10:26 pm

I’d be happy to help with your request, Kelli. All I’d need to know is the product you’re looking for, and the store location you shop at. You can email me directly at AlbertsonsHelprs@albertsons.com . I await your email. Thanks! ~Cindy

19. Linda 24/07/2014 at 7:34 am

Where did the Shasta brand beverages go? I have been to four Albertsons looking and nothing on the shelves……….

• Customer Care Customer Care 25/07/2014 at 2:57 am

We can look into this for you, Linda. Which Albertsons location do visit most? We will put in a request to review our options in making the Shasta Brand available in store. ~Victor