What about Upromise?

Chris Wilcox

Jun 18th, 2013

Upromise/SavingStar Customers,

This week, we began notifying customers that our Preferred Card is no longer required at our stores to receive sales prices on items, and for many of you, your first question is, “What about Upromise and SavingStar?”

If your Preferred Card is attached to your Upromise/SavingStar account, that’s okay. You will still be able to have your card scanned when you purchase your groceries and your account activity will be appropriately reflected.  As always, if any changes are made to that program, you’ll be the first to know.

We invite you to share your thoughts with our Customer Service Center and thank you for your business.

17 Responses to What about Upromise?

1. hadas laureano 19/06/2013 at 7:01 pm

im not good on computer and i want mymother…who is blind…to be able to recieve the discounts as well…she lives near the store on lincoln and ocean park blvd……90405 santa monica california

thank you so much……she is senior citizen also…and im not when is your cutoff..but i am too..thank you

• Jana 19/06/2013 at 7:54 pm

Hi Hadas, A Customer Service Representative will be following up with you via email or phone number you provided with your comment shortly.

2. Janet 04/07/2013 at 11:07 pm

Why don’t the cashiers, assistant managers, and managers at the store know this? They have been telling everyone there is no benefit to the card when there is. They have been getting people not to type their number in, to give up their cards and quickly. When I tell them they are giving out incorrect info, they say they don’t know anything about Albertsons and Upromise. This is misinformation and has a negative impact on Upromise shoppers.

• Customer Care Customer Care 08/08/2013 at 5:51 am

Good Evening, Janet. I’m to hear about this, and would like to thank you bringing this to my attention. I’d like to make sure that the Store Director is made aware, so this can be corrected. Which location was this? I await your reply, thanks. ~Cindy

3. Janet 04/07/2013 at 11:09 pm

In fact, I’ve been told that there will be a software update and the Upromise card and number will no longer be accepted very soon.

4. Brad McNamara 21/07/2013 at 6:07 pm

How do we update our Albertsons card? we have a new address and phone number?

5. Monica 27/07/2013 at 5:20 am

I am new to SavingStar and have been “shopping around” the last few weeks for a new grocery store because Im sick of the one I’ve gone to for years.. I was surprised to really like the Albertsons by my house and see their prices are not near as high as I remember from years ago, but I want to be able to use the SavingStar program. How can I do that if you no longer offer Preferred Cards?

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/08/2013 at 10:21 pm

Never fear! We have a solution! For those customers who do not have a card or have been told to throw them away, we will send out a Upromise/SavingsStar card so they can still take advantage of those programs. If you’d lke to get one of these cards, Monica, please email us at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com or call our Customer Care Center at 1-877-932-7948. I hope to hear from you soon! ~Marie

6. Robin Names 08/08/2013 at 11:14 pm

In my most recent trip to my local Albertsons, when I asked to have my card scanned anyway so I could get the SavingStar savings, the cashier, who’s been there for years, not only told me she never heard of SavingStar, but that all card information had been deleted so it was pretty pointless to scan my card. Guess I’ll have to shop elsewhere to get my savings.

• Customer Care Customer Care 11/08/2013 at 9:38 pm

I’m sorry that the cashier didn’t know about SavingsStar, Robin. The information actually hasn’t been deleted off the cards yet and we can send you out a card specifically for Upromise and SavingsStar. If you’d like for us to do that, please email us at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com or call our Customer Care number at 1-877-932-7948. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I hope you have a good rest of your day! ~Marie

7. Genny Magana 28/08/2013 at 2:20 pm

When I was shopping I asked the cashier to scan my card (I only have the key chain card) and she said they no longer use the Albertsons card. I told her I understood that but I have it with my upromise and saving star account. She didn’t refuse to scan my card but she didn’t do it either and just told me to go online and get a upromise card. Is this your policy now?

• Customer Care Customer Care 01/09/2013 at 4:20 pm

I wouldn’t call it “policy,” Genny. The store should still accept the Albertsons Preferred Card for those who are using it for Upromise and SavingStar, however we do encourage customers to get the Upromise/SavingStar card. If you’d like to get one, you can email me at AlbertsonsHelper@supervalu.com or call 1-877-932-7948.

Also, I’m sorry for the way this was handled at the store. Could you please let me know which store you shopped at so I can make the Store Director aware of your experience? Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon! ~Marie

8. Chris Baldini 13/09/2013 at 5:33 pm

I have a Preferred card # and would like to use it at the gas station. Unfortunately, the gas station tells me it’s not a valid number…

• Customer Care Customer Care 14/09/2013 at 8:23 pm

I’m sorry to hear that, Chris. I’d love to investigate to see what’s going on. Could you please email me at AlbertsonsHelpers@supervalu.com? You can also call 1-877-932-7948 and speak to a friendly Customer Care agent who’ll be happy to help, too! Hope to hear from you soon! ~Marie

9. Janet 17/04/2014 at 1:42 am

Cindy: I hope I did reply to you about which store is saying a card is not needed and don’t seem to know about UPromise. If not, the store I referred to is in Ventura CA. Now many of the cashiers bypass the screen allowing me to enter my phone number though I’ve told them repeatedly about UPromise. They still tell me that I don’t need to enter my number or use a card and seem irritated that I want the option.

• Customer Care Customer Care 17/04/2014 at 8:07 pm

Hi Janet! Thanks for giving us your store location and your feedback on this! I apologize for the frustration. I’m going to get this over to the location in Ventura so that the Store Director is aware of this issue. I want to make sure the associates know how this all works so that you and our other valued customers don’t’ have to experience the hassle. Please have a nice night! ~Shasta