Albertson’s LLC to Acquire United Supermarkets LLC

Christine

Sep 9th, 2013

Acquisition includes 50 Stores, 3 Distribution Centers in North and West Texas

September 9, 2013 – Boise  ID—Albertson’s LLC announced today that it intends to acquire United Supermarkets, LLC, DBA The United Family, (United), based in Lubbock, Texas.  United operates 50 retail stores under 3 brands; United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.  Additionally, their United Express brand has 7 convenience stores and 26 fuel centers. United operates two divisions,  RC Taylor which distributes tobacco, candy and general merchandise, and Praters which manufactures many different prepared foods including meats, side dishes and fresh tortillas;  and one subsidiary, Llano Logistics which operates 2 distribution centers in Lubbock and Roanoke, Texas. Upon completion of the transaction, United will operate as a new business unit under Albertson’s LLC’s company structure. Robert Taylor, current CEO, will continue to lead United in his new capacity of president, reporting directly to Bob Miller, CEO of Albertson’s LLC.

“United has built an exemplary operation in Texas, complementary to our own go-to-market strategy in many respects,” explained Bob Miller, chief executive officer of Albertson’s LLC.  “The family and leadership team have done a tremendous job in establishing and perpetuating a remarkable service culture and commitment to fresh, quality foods throughout their stores, even as they’ve grown. They’ve also developed strong community programs that have engaged team members and given back tremendously to their Texas communities, just as our Albertsons stores do every day. Our team feels there is an exceptional opportunity to invest in and grow their brands.”

The chain, which had been family-owned since 1916, will continue to operate much as it does today following the acquisition. United will continue to make decisions locally, similar to the other operating divisions in Albertson’s LLC.  This transaction is expected to be complete by the end of October, subject to customary government approvals.

“United has an entrepreneurial spirit, just like Albertsons,” continued Miller. “We’ve learned over the last seven years that our decentralized operating strategy empowers local management to build stronger brands across diverse market areas. United has operated much the same way in their acquisitions of R.C. Taylor and Praters in 2007 and 2009, respectively. It’s a great fit between two great companies. United runs a fantastic operation, and will maintain its own unique identity.”

Said Robert Taylor, CEO of United, “United will continue to make decisions locally and maintain a strong commitment to our Texas communities, our guests and our team members. The opportunities presented to us to invest in our stores and grow with this transaction are tremendous.”

Currently, Albertson’s LLC operates 76 stores in Texas, the majority of which are in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, and has just over 600 stores company-wide.  After the acquisition is complete, Albertson’s LLC will operate approximately 650 stores and 11 distribution centers in 16 states.

Sagent Advisors, LLC acted as exclusive financial advisor to United on the transaction.  Citigroup acted as financial advisor to Albertson’s LLC.

About Albertson’s LLC

Albertsons is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every state in which it operates.  An Idaho-based company with a rich history extending back to 1939, Albertsons stores now operate in 16 states at over 600 locations. For more information about Albertsons, visit www.albertsons.com or www.facebook.com/albertsons.

Media Contact:

Christine Wilcox, (208) 395-4163, christine.wilcox@albertsons.com

66 Responses to Albertson’s LLC to Acquire United Supermarkets LLC

1. Jerry Hatley 10/09/2013 at 12:45 am

I am very disappointed that United Super markets have sold. It will never be the same. I live in Lubbock, Tx. The great service that set them apart will not be the same. Albertson had shut down in Lubbock some years ago. They could not compete with United. What a shame. I hope HEB will come in or well have to go to Walmart. Please do not change anything. If you do, you will be sorry. Thanks, Jerry Hatley.

• Christine Christine 10/09/2013 at 3:31 am

Hi Jerry, I’m sorry that you feel that way; however, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to show you that this is different, and that Albertson’s LLC is a different company from the one you might have known in the past. While this transaction still will not close for a while yet, we want United to stay United. It will become a subsidiary of Albertsons and be its own division – they have exceptional stores, and we have no plans to change what they do or how they do it. Thanks so much for your feedback.

2. JM 10/09/2013 at 4:10 am

I worked for United in their corporate office for a few years. I was sad to quit because I moved out of Texas because it is a great company to work for as well as be their customer. I, too, love the quality products and amazing customer service United provides to it’s customers and it’s employees. They are the best company I’ve ever worked for and would tell the HR VP and Robert Taylor himself to expand out to California and I’d love to go back to work for them.

My sister, who works for United, said that they’ve been assured the same as what Christine mentioned that United will strive to give superior performance to provide ultimate service to leave a positive impact.

My understanding on this new acquisition is to further United’s growth as a subsidiary and yet maintain the quality service and products that United has to offer.

3. JM 10/09/2013 at 4:11 am

Albertson’s is acquiring a fantastic company.

4. pm 10/09/2013 at 9:07 pm

I am very saddened about this news. I work for this company in Dallas and cannot believe this is happening. United – What a great company!!!! I never have liked Albertson’s and pray that things do not change.

• Christine Christine 11/09/2013 at 12:09 am

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your candor. United IS a great company. They have exemplary stores and amazing team members, and we’re excited for the opportunities that lie ahead following the transaction close. With regard to your comments about Albertsons, I hope that one day, you’ll see we’ve changed. Thanks again, ~Christine

5. Craig Daugherty 10/09/2013 at 9:10 pm

I am very sad and disappointed to hear this news. Albertsons is easily the worst grocery chain I have ever shopped at. I know the canned response is nothing will change. But “attitude reflects leadership.” United will no longer have its roots in West Texas, but will have a corporate mindset, and a poorly run one at that. I refuse to shop at anything to do with Albertsons and will look elsewhere. I have not heard one positive comment from anyone in the Lubbock area about this sale.

• Christine Christine 10/09/2013 at 11:57 pm

Hi Craig – First, I’m sorry that our Albertsons stores have been such a disappointment to you and that you feel the stores are poorly run. If you can tell me which stores are closest to you and what’s happened on your shopping trips, I’d like the opportunity to address it. We have taken many steps over the last few years to improve our stores since we acquired them in 2006, so I welcome any feedback so that we can get better. In regard to our announcement about United, while we’ve all said that one key point is United will remain United, I recognize that the proof will only come when you, as a customer, see and trust that United has remained United and that will only come with time following the transaction close, subject to customary approvals. The headquarters will remain in Lubbock and its roots will always be Texan, regardless of where its owners are based. Thanks again for your feedback. ~Christine

6. Jerry Cass, CCIM 10/09/2013 at 10:18 pm

Christine,

Congrats to Albertsons for their new acquisition. I think this is a very positive step. I am a commercial Realtor in Clovis, NM. Could you please tell me who I need to contact to see if your company would be interested in putting an upscale store in the new grocery store anchored shopping center that we will be building. We have another grocery store that is strongly considering this, but would welcome the opportunity to work with your company.

7. TJ 10/09/2013 at 11:10 pm

In North Texas, Market Street is the closest thing we have to HEB, which is the pinnacle of the grocery game in my opinion. I hope Market Street continues to operate as before.
    On another note, our local Albertson’s (West Frisco) was HORRIBLE and I was not sad to see it close a couple of years ago. I read somewhere that it was part of a small group of stores that operated independently of Albertson’s LLC. Is that correct?

• Christine Christine 10/09/2013 at 11:43 pm

Hi TJ, thanks for your feedback. Market Street will continue to operate as they have in the past, subject to the customary government approvals and the transaction close. They are amazing stores. Regarding your experiences with our former location in West Frisco, the short version of our story is that for many years prior to 2006, stores in that area lacked investment and it showed. The stores were sold by Albertson’s, Inc. directly to Albertson’s LLC, so there wasn’t a pocket of independent stores outside of either owner. When we purchased the stores, we focused on cleaning them up, making investments in paint and repairs, and – most importantly – improving our fresh products and customer service. It’s turned around many of our stores in the Metroplex and Texas as a whole. If you have a chance to visit one in the future, I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you find. Thanks again for your comment! Chris

8. JS 11/09/2013 at 3:27 am

I would like to see some investment in South Abilene out by the new Sam’s Club by building a new Market Street.

9. Doug M 11/09/2013 at 3:44 am

I wish Albertson’s was still in Lubbock, Texas but was surprised to hear of this news but doesn’t bother me one way it another as most in Lubbock. But if I move to Colorado next year I see you have stores in that state which is good news for me. Wish you the best Albertson’s. God Bless!

10. Spencer 11/09/2013 at 4:01 pm

I’m excited about Albertson’s acquisition of United, they are both great companies and now will be even greater. Ya can’t beat the small town grocery feel that both Albertsons and United offer their shoppers. I hope we will see some expansion of the stores here in San Angelo, TX. I know the perfrect spot for a new store!

11. Tim Byers 11/09/2013 at 7:22 pm

I work for Albertson’s for 11 years when their were here in Lubbock….but when they closed i went to work for Market Street big mistake the front-end management is bad….i was glad to hear they sold to Albertson’s…..maybe we can gets some better management….also we need a better human resorce manager

12. Chris 11/09/2013 at 7:33 pm

I live in McKinney, TX and have been shopping at Market Street for years. The difference between Albertsons and Market Street is night and day! When my wife would go to Albertsons for lower prices, she would always complain because the service was nowhere near what Market Street would offer. My wife has never had to carry her bags to the car at Market Street, but sometimes has to pack her own bags at Albertsons. The prepared food quality difference between these two stores is, well, there’s no comparison. If Albertsons doesn’t touch Market Street and let’s the current CEO operate with autonomy then this could work. The minute Albertson’s tries to bring their lack of customer service, lack of cashiers, you sack and take out your own bags model to Market Street then this special store is over. When my parents come up from Sugar Land the first and last stop they make when coming/leaving is to Market Street. Market Street’s service makes a difference and their customers are willing to pay for the service. Please don’t turn Market Street into a low price/low service store like Albertsons!

• Christine Christine 14/09/2013 at 2:23 am

Hi Chris, Market Street is great brand and service leader and will continued to be managed and run buy their current team members and leadership. They work tirelessly to provide exceptional service, and their 97 year old tradition will continue. As a consumer you should not expect any changes at your local Market Street.

At Albertsons we continue to focus on Quality Products, Selection and Service. Over the past few years we have worked to improve our customer experience by removing Self Checkouts, adding additional help, having managers on the Floor, having No Card needed for Specials, and introducing many Fresh Made Products. We aren’t as different from United as we may have been several years ago. If you have any feedback from a recent shopping trip that we can share with our store and associates so that we can improve, I would love for you to send it along. Thanks for your feedback. ~Christine

13. Chris 12/09/2013 at 1:13 am

One can only hope that this means several present Albertsons locations will be converted to United Market Street locations and not the other way around !

14. Chris 12/09/2013 at 1:20 am

I presently drive (happily) 70 miles one way to a United Market Street passing at least 5 Albertsons along the way, hopefully some of those, preferably the closest one,will be converted to Market Street !

15. Chris Kiger 12/09/2013 at 3:28 pm

Please Albertsons, hands off Market Street! I will know that you are trying to bring Albertson’s cost efficiencies (translation: less people, less service) to Market Street the minute the self serve checkout kiosks go up! Christine you have an unenviable task of trying to put a positive spin on this. I encourage to go to McKinney, TX and visit the Market Street and then travel 2 miles down the road to both Albertsons. Then you will see exactly why Market Street customers do not want an Albertsons makeover.

• Christine Christine 12/09/2013 at 7:15 pm

Hi Chris, thanks for your comments. Albertsons actually eliminated self-checkouts 2 years ago in Texas with the specific intention of providing better service, and the positive response from customers has proven that removing them was the right decision for that market area. With regard to Market Street, we know that United has built an exemplary operation with fantastic stores. We have every intention of letting them continue operating their stores in what they feel are the best decisions for their markets. United will be a subsidiary of Albertson’s LLC, and remain separate from our existing Southern division. If you have specific concerns about the store in McKinney from a recent shopping trip, I welcome your feedback, as it only helps us to get better. Thanks again for your post. ~Christine

16. chris 13/09/2013 at 9:53 pm

After the layoff of thousands of employees how can you say albertsons is community oriented and that they will keep things the same. The upper management is so poor that they would send their store directors on cruises while shutting down stores and letting people go. Way to go albertsons, you’re not even worth capitalizing your name.

• Christine Christine 14/09/2013 at 2:34 am

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment. While the transaction is still subject to customary approvals and will not close for some time, I can tell you that we have committed to United remaining locally operated by their current team, which is consistent with our decentralized operating model.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to in regard to cruises, but that is not a practice at Albertson’s LLC. Several years ago, there were opportunities for all associates to win cruises in conjunction with a marketing campaign, but I’m not familiar with any situation where we have done that with store directors specifically. ~Christine

17. Carl Geertz 14/09/2013 at 1:18 am

Is Albertson’s still owned and operated by SuperValu as a LLC?

• Christine Christine 14/09/2013 at 2:11 am

Hi Carl, Last March, Albertson’s LLC acquired everything that SUPERVALU had purchased from Albertson’s, Inc. in 2006. Thanks for your question. ~Christine

18. Mike 16/09/2013 at 12:11 am

I’m very sad to hear this.. United was a great family owned business and Albertsons’ values are extremely different from United’s.

One change I can already see is that in press releases, etc. Albertsons has called the team members “employees” and the guest “customers.” United wouldn’t do that.

• Christine Christine 18/09/2013 at 11:15 pm

Hi Mike, United is still a great business. They will be a subsidiary of Albertson’s LLC and managed independently. In our press release, we didn’t use the terms “employees” or “customers” however “team members” and “guests” were used in what Robert Taylor said. That said, we refer to our employees as associates rather than team members, and we use the common term of “customer” rather than “guest” because that’s integral to our culture. Our founder’s philosophy was “to give customers the products they want at a price they are willing to pay with lots of tender, loving care.” So we stay with the term customer. United’s history and culture uses different terms – and that’s okay. That’s what makes our values similar, in my opinion. Both companies look to their respective histories to guide their future.

19. Mark 07/10/2013 at 5:14 pm

Hi Christine, Albertson’s has taken quite a beating here but I can’t say its not deserved. While I am seeing some improvement in the Albertson’s by our house in McKinney, it will be years before they ever shake off the bad rap they have in the community. A history of expired products, spoiled meats, dirty floors and bad attitudes has run a lot of people off. I am hopeful those things don’t happen at Market Street.

20. Ed 13/10/2013 at 12:56 am

Having lived in the western US for years, including Idaho, I’m very familiar with Albertson’s. I now live in the eastern US, North Carolina. Any plans for the Albertson’s brand to extend to this part of the country?

• Customer Care Customer Care 20/10/2013 at 11:46 am

We currently don’t have plans to expand to North Carolina just yet, Ed. But, I will be sure to let our Real Estate Team know that you’d love to see Albertsons out that way! Thanks for being a fan and have a great week! ~Marie

21. Kaki Kathryn S Andrus 14/10/2013 at 11:57 am

I live in Garland Tx and am trying to find the LLC store near me but can’t tell which stores are LLC. Can you help me.

• Customer Care Customer Care 20/10/2013 at 12:12 pm

All of the Albertsons stores in Texas are Albertsons LLC stores, Kaki. I show that we have a store in Garland on 5710 Broadway Blvd. I hope that helps! ~Marie

22. Brian Miner 17/10/2013 at 9:52 pm

Is it true that Albertson’s LLC has acguired the Lucky stores from Savemart in California.

• Customer Care Customer Care 21/10/2013 at 2:23 pm

No, that’s not true, Brian. Actually, SaveMart acquired the Albertsons stores in Northern California from Albertson’s LLC in 2007 and turned them into Lucky stores. Thanks for your question! ~Marie

23. fernando anicama 21/10/2013 at 7:29 pm

Currently, Albertson’s LLC operates 76 stores in Texas, the majority of which are in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex,but we need one store here in killeen-copperas cove-Temple Central Texas.I hope you will consider in your expansions.

• Customer Care Customer Care 22/10/2013 at 5:24 pm

I’ll be sure to let our Real Estate Team know that you’d love to see Albertsons in your part of Texas, Fernando! Thanks for your suggestion and have a wonderful rest of your week! ~Marie

24. Stuart Morris 13/11/2013 at 4:49 am

Dear Christine,

Some interesting feedback about your purchase of United, both good and bad.

I am writing from the UK, where I work in the grocery trade and training.

The small chain I work for is called Booths, we have 29 stores in the North of England who specialise in high end retailing located in towns that have a more affluent clientele.

The question I would like to ask you if possible is this.

I have very close friends in Lubbock, Texas and since you have a presence there, I was wondering if you would allow me to work in one of the stores there, to gain experience of the grocery trade in the USA.

I feel it would be a great opportunity for me to gain some great experience of your processes, quality, customer care, layout, products, logistics and branding and maybe stay and work for you in the future.

I am aware this is a tough ask, but maybe we could learn from each other?

I look forward to hearing from you and making a dream come true.

Thank you for your time.

Stuart Morris
    00441943608645

25. Richard Sutherland 16/11/2013 at 11:13 am

No matter how Christine tries to spin it, the long term effect of the sale of United to Albertson’s does not bode well for the consumer. Albertson’s formerly operated two stores in Wichita Falls, the larger of which was comparable to a Market Street, but it shut down the nicer store and continues to operate the older,dirtier, less cared for store. There is no comparison between the quality of Market Street and Albertson’s and, in time, no doubt Albertson’s will close Market Street just as it did its nicer and newer store here and we will be left with the usual dirty, slovenly run and miserable Albertson’s brand! A victory for the Snell family and a loss for everyone else!

26. Jimmy 24/11/2013 at 9:21 pm

I’ve been a United employee for 30+ years. I was shocked to hear about United selling out to Albertson’s. Albertson’s track record here in Lubbock is not the greatest.

Just recently, there was a group of Albertsons managers (?) visiting different stores (United & Market Street) here in town. From what I’ve heard, they made a less than favorable first impression. In one case, actually shunning a dept manager that was trying to introduce himself. And another, at one of our newer Market Streets, commenting on what a mess the store was in.

I was told by a manager there will be no changes during the first year. Lets just say I’m more than a little worried about what we have in store.

• Customer Care Customer Care 30/11/2013 at 7:38 pm

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jimmy. The United team runs wonderful stores, and our company wants to provide them with the support to continue running their operation as they see fit following the close of the transaction. I have shared your concerns regarding the management team visit with the corporate office. Thank you for providing that feedback. ~Marie

27. Rebeca 16/12/2013 at 8:11 pm

We used to live in Highland Village, TX, and traveled frequently to Plano, Colleyville, and Coppell. I always used to shop and eat at Market Street whenever we could. Now that we have moved, I see Highland Village is getting its own Market Street. We are now in Arlington, and REALLY need a Market Street in south Arlington. Can you pass on the word? Thanks!

28. Rij 27/12/2013 at 12:38 pm

I just found out yesterday that Albertson’s has acquired United and Market Street Supermarkets. What a shame and disappointment. Albertsons has never been a favorite, impersonal, take your own bags to your car, high prices. I shop in the Wichita Falls and Burkburnett, TX stores and love their attitude and helpfulness. I have already seen one change this month which may seem small to most but to an air force community it makes a big difference. United Market in Burkburnett offered a discount on purchases to the military (active and retired) community, first any day of the week then to Wednesday only. This discount has now been taken away, effective the month of December. The quality of merchandise, caring management, clean stores…all of this is very important to me. Guess we’ll give father time a chance to decide whether United made the right decision to sell out. They seemed to be doing well on their own, without the help of Albertsons. Hopefully, Albertsons will not drag them down.

• Customer Care Customer Care 27/12/2013 at 5:53 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post today, Rij. We feel like the United team runs great stores, and Albertsons LLC wants to make sure that they keep the autonomy to run their operation as they see fit. Please be assured that I will bring your feedback to the attention of our teams as well. Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great day! ~Zachary

29. Lee Ann 17/01/2014 at 9:25 am

United was going to open a new store in Brownwood, TX. Will this still happen?

• Customer Care Customer Care 21/01/2014 at 8:36 am

Sorry for the delay with our response, Lee. United is currently in negotiations to open a store in Brownwood, TX, but there is still a lot that is needed to be done to finalized any plans. We cannot say that it is for sure, but everyone is hopeful. I hope this answers your question. Thank you for stopping by our page and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. ~Kimberly

30. Curtis 06/03/2014 at 10:41 pm

Wow! Never thought United would sell-out to another chain. My Great Grandmother would shop nowhere else but Albertson’s in Amarillo, Texas. We saw Albertson’s shut down in Amarillo. We now live in Utah where all but one Albertson’s (LLC) stores shut down recently. Albertson’s LLC needs to get a clue and bring in some value. People don’t shop at Albertson’s because of the prices. Please learn something from United in this regard – everyday value brings people in.

• Christine Christine 08/03/2014 at 8:25 pm

Hi Curtis, thanks for your feedback. We’ve been learning a lot from the United team in the time that we’ve been working with them about how they go to market and what has made them successful. They run a great operation. As for our Utah stores, we are looking at prices – every day. We know how important prices are to customers, and we strive to ensure that we’re in line with the market. Thanks again, Chris

31. Mike 07/03/2014 at 4:28 pm

HAHA, funny how Christine has turned into Albertsons Customer Care. I anticipate the same happening to United. I guess like they say, all good things come to an end. I will personally miss United and everything they stood for.

• Christine Christine 08/03/2014 at 8:06 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for your note. We have a fantastic customer care team and they do a great job. There are just some things that I want to respond to personally so I answer them myself. United is still United. They’re still making their own decisions that are in the best interests of their stores and guests, and they’re running wonderful stores. Thanks, Chris

32. Billy J Shafer 16/03/2014 at 9:45 am

I used to service the generators in Albertson’s stores. In Texas,Louisiana.. Most of my trips lasted two weeks.. The problem I saw with Albertson’s. Was when Joe Albertson died the quality went down hill fast. Store quality service was gutted. Checkers that people had come think of as friends were gone.

Made a lot of people mad. Then you had in some stores. Five people in one line to check out and only two check stands open. Ran off a lot of customers.

33. Billy J Shafer 16/03/2014 at 9:57 am

To continue. I used to shop at the store in Bryan Texas. It was a 60 mile trip one way for me. But it was worth it. Had the best meat selection around. The problem was very poor service. Store personal standing around while customers were trying to look for items. Albertsons is going to have to work on that. Very hard. Doesn’t matter how good your stores may be. Without good customer service. The stores will fail as they did the first time.

I also serviced United stores. Great people to work with. Made you feel like an old friend. Made you feel like they really were glad you were shopping with them. Change that and you will fail again

• Customer Care Customer Care 16/03/2014 at 6:58 pm

Hello, Billy. United continues to be United. Albertson’s LLC’s has a decentralized approach for their business units which allows United to continue with their commitment to ultimate customer service and investment in the communities they serve.
      The United team runs wonderful stores; Albertsons LLC continues to provide them with the autonomy to continue running their operation as they see fit. ~Wayne

34. Stephen Epps 28/03/2014 at 9:05 pm

I am a Lyoness member and currently can get benefits from purchasing an Albertson’s gift card. Can these cards be used at United?

• Customer Care Customer Care 29/03/2014 at 9:13 am

Good morning, Stephen. As of right now our gift cards can not be used at United. Thanks for stopping by! ~Wayne

35. AA 13/04/2014 at 6:03 pm

I live in DFW and stay as far away from Albertson’s as I can. The only time I set foot in Albertson’s is to get my blood pressure medications. Food prices are WAY TOO HIGH!!

36. kristy 08/06/2014 at 5:52 pm

I can’t believe it either, i heard it was going to be the other way around, i guess not, i just didn’t like Albertson’s cause there way higher on there grocery’s, and the customer service.

37. Colleen 09/06/2014 at 3:22 pm

I stumbled across this as I was looking for other info. I am saddened to learn this information. Market Street was interested in Murphy, TX but the landowner opted to go with a deal with Walmart instead. We also have an Albertsons that few people shop at as a true grocery store – rather a large convenience store. We were all hoping that when Walmart finally kills the lousy, smelly Murphy Albertson’s Market Street could pick up that space. Sounds like we’d just be trading back to what we have now.

38. tonya 17/08/2014 at 1:42 pm

I am sick at heart because the once beloved UNITED Supermarket in Borger Texas is no longer. No longer can I get the quality products I once could. They have replace most of the things I buy with the generic brands which ARE NOT comparable. It is no longer anything but a discount store to make us purchase their cheap items. Looking forward to Wal-Mart superstore now when before I was not!

• Customer Care Customer Care 18/08/2014 at 1:32 am

Hello, Tonya. We strive to provide the best quality products for our customers. If you ever have any issues with a product or would like the store to carry a specific product, let us know so that we can address any concerns you have. We look forward to serving the community and hope you will give us a chance. ~Victor

39. Kathy 30/09/2014 at 9:49 am

I agree with Tonya in Borger Texas. The Amarillo United stores have slowly changed brands to generic brands and removed several products we’ve bought for years. I’ve mentioned to mgmt verbally and in writing for several months because they seemed eager to help out. Most of those folks are now gone and they are replaced with employees that don’t care or they are resigned to the changes coming. The old Albertsons store in Amarillo closed most likely for health concerns many years ago. The new one they built just smelled a little better but it was the same old story. Another well run icon sold out.

40. Daniel Lee 04/10/2014 at 5:56 pm

I just stumbled upon the Market Street in Lubbock for the first time yesterday. I had never heard of this store. I drove 5 1/2 hours from Rio Rancho, New Mexico to see Paul McCartney at the United Supermarkets Arena, this was my first trip to Lubbock. I was amazed at this supermarket, the dining area was so popular at lunch-time, unlike at other supermarkets around the country. I had lunch there and bought a bottle of Texas Tea, the strawberry white tea was incredibly good. I plan to order a case from their website, unless the Albertsons in Rio Rancho carries it. I’d like to see Market Streets in other states.

41. pc 05/10/2014 at 4:24 pm

It appears that our Albertson’s in downscaling. I could be wrong – because I’ve never been to a United. But – as an example – they are discontinuing Sebastian products. And a lot of my soup stocks are no longer avaliable, i.e., hot and sour, tuscany chicken…..we can’t afford to go downscale – it’s all we’ve got. Miss my Central Market.