Fresh Veggie Sauté Side Dish
Feb 5th, 2014
Technicolor Vegetable Sauté
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots (2" pieces), scrubbed
- 1 1/3 cup pattypan squash, ends removed, cut to wedges
- 1 2/3 cup green beans, cut to 2 1/2" and blanched
- 1 cup olives, whole
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups red beets, steamed, peeled and 1"diced
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium. Add carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add squash and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in green beans, olives, thyme, garlic and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Toss with butter and sprinkle with beets.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.