Coming Soon – Roasted Hatch Chiles to So. California!
Jul 24th, 2014
Since the middle of June, the So Cal Albertsons Produce team has been inundated with emails and phone messages from regional foodies eager to find out details about the 2014 Hatch Roast Chile sale. Wait no more, people! The schedule has just been announced and participating Albertsons store teams are off and running with plans to make this year’s event bigger and better.
Albertsons customers will have their choice of 12 Saturdays to get their Hatch Chile roast on! Starting August 3 through September 6 at select So Cal stores, the outdoor roasting and sales will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude at 2 p.m. and while supplies last. Die-hard Hatch Chile aficionados have been known to start lining up as early as 6 a.m. Please keep in mind that while each participating Albertsons location has three or more roasters operating simultaneously and we do our best to get you on your way, the customer wait time may be up to 60 minutes.
Hatch Chile fans can pick up a 30 lb. sack for $29.99, roasting included. Customers will be limited to ten sacks per person on a first-come, first-served basis. For those not interested buying in large quantities and wanting to roast their chilies at home, pick up your supply by the bag ($1.29 a lb.) in the store’s Produce Dept.
Considered New Mexico’s preeminent chile pepper, Hatch Chiles are favored across the country in restaurants that serve spicy Southwestern cuisine.
Food connoisseurs wait patiently for these delicacies to add them to their salsas, sauces, casseroles, stir-fries, enchiladas, souffles, and omelets or just about anything they want to heat up. Chiles are most often eaten green as a vegetable. When picked green, it’s called the long green Hatch Chile. Ripened, it’s known as the long red Hatch Chile.
Hatch Chile Roasting Sales Schedule:
Saturday, August 2 –
• Alhambra Albertsons – 2400 W. Commonwealth – Phone: 626.293.7100
• Chula Vista Albertsons – 720 3rd Ave at J Street – Phone: 619.498.5160
Saturday, August 9 –
• La Habra Albertsons – 1800 W. Whittier Blvd. at Beach – Phone: 562.697.6442
• Bakersfield Albertsons – 2691 Mt. Vernon at Columbus – Phone: 661.872.3511
Saturday, August 16 -
• Rancho Cucamonga Albertsons – 8850 Foothill Blvd. at Vineyard – Phone: 909.484.7237
• Arcadia Albertsons – 298 E. Live Oak Ave at Tyler – Phone: 626.446.1416
Saturday, August 23-
• Costa Mesa Albertsons – 2300-C Harbor Blvd. at Wilson – Phone: 949.515.7227
• Carpinteria Albertsons – 1018 Casitas Pass Road at Carpinteria – Phone: 805.684.2731
Saturday, August 30-
• Reseda Albertsons – 19307 Saticoy St. at Tampa – Phone: 818.772.0010
• Montebello Albertsons – 2469 Via Campo at Wilcox – Phone: 323.888.2250
Saturday, September 6-
• Temecula Albertsons – 31960 Temecula Parkway at Margarita Road – Phone: 951.303.1133
• Escondido Albertsons – 1509 East Valley Parkway at Rose – Phone: 760.735.5163
For more details about the 2014 So Cal Albertsons Hatch Chile roasting events listed, contact the individual store directors.