5 Tips for Brunch Success!
Mar 26th, 2015
Spring time brings out sunshine, flip flops and bright colors. It also makes for excellent brunch season! Whether you’re hosting for a holiday or just cause, here are 5 tips to ensure that your Sunday Brunch is a success!
1. Be in Charge of the Main Dish – Don’t make yourself crazy by trying to plan every single detail – ask for a little help from your friends! Set a theme and create a main dish that will be the star attraction at the table and have your guests bring the sides.
PRO TIP: be sure to organize who needs to bring what. The last thing you’ll need is 5 different fruit salads at the table.
2. Don’t Assume Everyone Wants Mimosas – Sure, they do bring a brunch together, but they’re not for everyone. Don’t let that be the only option for beverages at the table! Create some delicious mock-tail recipe that is fruity, fun and gives your guests options.
PRO TIP: Be sure to also have a hot pot of coffee and tea ready to go! Some guests will want their caffeine boost with their brunch.
3. Have Guests Serve Themselves -Everyone’s tastes are different, so let your guests determine what they want! It’ll be less work for you as well; no need to plate foods beforehand or be their server. You’ll want to be a part of the action too!
PRO TIP: Keep your main dish warming in the oven at the lowest temp and don’t bring it out until everyone is ready to dig in!
4. Better Yet, Let Them Make Their Drinks Too – Ever heard of a Bloody Mary Bar? Well, time to acquaint yourself with one! We LOVED this idea because it allows your guests to create their own flavor and gives them plenty of options for beverages
PRO TIP: Bloody Marys can be made with or without alcohol and still taste great!
5. Don’t Be Afraid to Ask For Help – If friends offer to help you clean up, SAY YES! There’s nothing wrong with a little help with the little things (i.e. gathering dishes and glassware in the kitchen and packing up leftovers). Don’t ask your guests to roll up their sleeves and start scrubbing, but if they want to help you pick up a little, then by all means, let them!
PRO TIP: If you’re not into washing dishes, find some nice and sturdy paper plates for easy clean up!