Best Vegetarian Chili Ever!
Mar 5th, 2015
The Best Vegetarian Chili EVER!
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (or a bit less) cayenne pepper
- A couple splashes of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper and paprika to taste
- Optional toppings, such as sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips
- Chop the garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Sauté lightly over medium-high heat in 1 to 2 tsp olive oil. Meanwhile, wash the beans until all of the canning liquid is gone.
- Once the veggies have sautéed for about 5 minutes, add everything else into the pot (tomatoes, beans, spices, etc.). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or longer, as needed.
- Once the chili is done cooking, you can top it with anything you like: tortilla chips, a tablespoon of cheese, fat-free or low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.