Fresh and Light Avocado Tacos
Sep 19th, 2014
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 large green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 large red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded, cut into 12 slices
- 12 flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Fresh Tomato Salsa1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 1/3 tsp jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- pinch of cumin
- Mix together all salsa ingredients and refrigerate in advance.
- Coat skillet with vegetable spray.
- Lightly sauté onion and green and red peppers.
- Warm tortillas in oven and fill with peppers, onions, avocado, and salsa. Fold tortillas and serve. Top with cilantro.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.