Greek Inspired Spring Omelet
Apr 2nd, 2014
Greek-Inspired Spring Omelet
- 1/3 cup egg whites (about two eggs)
- 1 Tbs tzatziki (or nonfat plain yogurt)
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 Tbs feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, or a mix), diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté asparagus until tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and tzatziki; stir to combine.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Pour in egg white and allow it to spread over the skillet surface. Cook until egg turns white; about 2 minutes.
- Slide omelette onto a plate and place asparagus, tomatoes, green onions, and feta in the middle third of the omelette. Fold the sides of the omelette over the middle to cover the fillings.
- Serve hot with additional tzatziki. Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.