All-American Lamb Burger
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground American lamb
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuces
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 thin slices red onions, split into rings
- 16 tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine ground lamb, tomato sauce, oats, onion, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are blended. Shape into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches from coals 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160 ° F for medium or 170° F for well.
- To BroilPlace lamb patties on broiler pan. Broil lamb 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium or 170° F for well.
- To ServeArrange lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun. Top with onion rings, 2 tomato slices, cooked lamb patties and bun top.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.