Baked Chili-Cheese Fries
- 6 russet potatoes (or potato of your choice)
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe covered dish.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight, even wedges.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the chili powder, chopped cilantro, onion powder, garlic power, and ground cumin; set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle spice mixture onto potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp, rotate and cook an additional 10 minutes until dark golden brown on all sides.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto cooked fries and bake for another minute or two to melt cheese. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.