Sesame Chicken Fingers with Two Dipping Sauces
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch by 3-inch strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 cup bread crumbs (from plain rice crackers or panko crumbs)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- Chinese Mustard Sauce1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet and hot Chinese mustard
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs crystallized ginger, minced
- Teriyaki Sauce1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce (with chili optional)
- 1/4 cup scallion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In shallow dish, whisk together flour and salt. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and water. In third shallow dish, mix together crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Dredge chicken strips in flour, coating all sides. Dip chicken in egg; then roll chicken strips in crumb mixture to coat well.
- In large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm half the oil. Add half the chicken and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet. Heat remaining oil in skillet and sauté remaining chicken strips, transferring to baking sheet when done. Bake chicken until firm and crispy, about 8 minutes. Arrange on platter and serve with dipping sauces.
- Chinese Mustard SauceMix together mayonnaise, Chinese mustard, Dijon mustard, and ginger. Cover and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
- Teriyaki SauceMix together vinegar, black bean sauce, scallion, garlic, and brown sugar. Cover and set aside until ready to serve with chicken.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.