Blackened Ahi Tuna
- 4 7-ounce (200g) center cut ahi tuna filets
- 1/2 oz salt
- 1/2 oz garlic powder
- 1/2 oz paprika
- 1/2 oz onion powder
- 1/4 oz each, black pepper, white pepper
- 1/8 oz each, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano
- 3 Tbs wasabi
- 3 fluid ounces (90mL) water
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 dash fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- Preheat cast iron skillet. Rub filets with Cajun Blackening Spice. Sear both sides (no butter or oil needed) until rare or medium/rare.
- Paint plate with Wasabi Vinegar. Cut filet into 2 triangular pieces; overlap. Top with pickled ginger rose. Serve with rice of your choice.
- To make Cajun Blackening Spice:Combine salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, black, white and cayenne pepper, thyme and oregano. Mix well.
- To make Wasabi Vinaigrette:Combine wasabi with water and put in blender. Add grated ginger, garlic, white wine vinegar and lime juice into the blender and drizzle in oil while on high speed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.