Grilled Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- salt, as needed
- freshly ground pepper as needed
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb medium crimini or white mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved pieces
- Blanch asparagus, in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer. Bring approximately 3 inches of water to a boil. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Add asparagus. Cook at a medium boil until slightly underdone, about 3 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain on paper towel; cool.
- To grill, brush asparagus with olive oil. On an outdoor or a stovetop, grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently, until lightly browned and fork tender, about 3 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cool. At an angle, cut spears in -1/2" pieces; reserve.
- To make vinaigrette, mix lemon juice, garlic, crushed red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; whisk in oil. Reserve.
- Slice mushrooms about 1/4" thick. Toss mushrooms with reserved asparagus and vinaigrette; arrange on a platter. Add shavings of Parmesan cheese over salad.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.