Grilled Mushrooms with Sherry
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well. Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well.
- Serve over grilled hamburgers, or toasted French or Italian bread as an appetizer.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.