Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 15-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Sprigs of fresh marjoram or basil for garnish
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic, onion and potato in olive oil over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and continue to cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add roasted red peppers and puree soup in a blender or food processor. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in lemon juice before serving. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.