Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Basil
- 1 lb extra jumbo (U/12) shrimp
- 1 8 oz package angel hair pasta
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 28 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Place pasta in a colander and give it a quick rinse with cold water.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly, until the garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Stir tomatoes, wine, parsley and basil into the skillet.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp and continue cooking until the shrimp are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.