Asparagus Fettuccini with Pancetta and Basil in a White Wine Broth
- 1 lb fettuccini
- 6 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2 " diagonal slices
- 6 oz pancetta, cooked and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and return to pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, pancetta and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus mixture to pasta. In the same sauté pan, bring the broth and wine to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the butter, salt and pepper to taste. Add the wine mixture to the pasta.
- To serve, top pasta with the chopped basil and grated cheese.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.