Asparagus Tapas with Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1- 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sourdough or French baguette loaf
- sliced julienne strips of bell pepper
- snipped fresh basil
- shaved Parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Coarsely chop bell peppers. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add peppers and garlic; cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until peppers are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place in blender or food processor and puree until smooth; stir in vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus spears in boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender; drain. Spoon red pepper sauce on a platter and arrange asparagus over sauce. Garnish with bell pepper, basil and Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve with baguette slices.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.