Roasted Sesame Green Beans
- 1 lb string beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic® fat free plain yogurt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the green beans in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with garlic, olive oil, and salt, stirring to distribute the ingredients. Roast the beans for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes, until they are tender but not limp. Cool thoroughly.
- Combine the yogurt, sesame oil, coriander, and sesame seeds. Season with salt as desired. Mix the cooled beans with the yogurt dressing, tossing to blend. Serve at room temperature or chilled. The dish can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to two days.
- Dark sesame seasoning oil is sold in small bottles in the Asian section of most grocery stores. Do not substitute ordinary sesame cooking oil, which is light in color and usually sold in larger bottles.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.