Our Favorite Farms: Ranger Chicken
Mar 22nd, 2017
We love partnering with local Northwest farms to provide quality products and ingredients in our stores because it means healthy meals for you and your family!
Draper Valley Farms is one of these amazing farms! Their RANGER® Free Range Chicken is always Northwest raised under the highest standards. Here are just some of the reasons we love Draper Valley Farms’ RANGER® Free Range Chicken:
- Free Range– Their chickens are free to roam around! There’s an outdoor pasture area where they can exhibit their natural behaviors, such as dust bathing and pecking.
- Air-Chilled– Chicken is cooled during processing using cold air rather than soaking in cold water. Air-chilled chickens do not retain excess water or lose natural juices found in the meat, helping to make their chicken juicier, more flavorful, and even more delicious.
- No Antibiotics Ever– Draper Valley Farms builds up the bird’s own immune system with a balanced diet, clean environment and the holistic use of nature’s own medicines, such as organic enzymes and probiotics, the natural disease-fighting powers of herbs, and the benefits of fresh air and sunshine!
- No hormones or steroids added
- Always 100% Vegetarian Fed– No animal by-products ever! Their chickens are free to forage in their pasture areas.
- Salmon Safe-Draper Valley Farms is dedicated to protecting the natural resources of the Northwest region and are diligent in making sure their farms have nutrient management and biologically based integrated pest management programs that protect water quality and fish habitat.
Be sure to look for RANGER® Free Range Chicken at your local Albertsons today!
And if you’re looking for easy and delicious meals to prepare your favorite cut of RANGER® Chicken, here are some of our recommended recipes: