What are the benefits of Albertsons Rx-tra Savings program?
The following benefits apply to each member of your household:
- $4.99 for up to a 30-day supply* of over 500 generic prescription medications
- $10.99 for up to a 90 day supply * on over 500 generic medications
- Discounts on all other generic prescriptions
- Discounts on all brand name prescriptions
- There’s no limit to the number of prescriptions per individual or household!
Why did Albertsons create the Rx-tra Savings program?
Albertsons Rx-tra Savings member’s prescription discount program was created as a service to those who are uninsured and to deliver additional savings to our pharmacy customers.
Is there a fee to participate in the Albertsons Rx-tra Savings program?
There is a one-time $10 enrollment fee that includes all members of your household.
Who can enroll for Albertsons Rx-tra Savings program ?
- Almost anyone is eligible to enroll in the Rx-tra Savings program.
- However, federal law mandates that people receiving benefits from publicly funded health care program are ineligible to receive benefits from this program.
Can Albertsons Rx-tra Savings be used along with my prescription coverage plan?
Prescriptions processed using Albertsons Rx-tra Savings will not count towards a customer’s insurance deductible and cannot be used to discount a customer’s co-pay.
How can I find out what drugs are available for $4.99?
An Albertsons pharmacy associate can provide you with a printed copy of the over 500 generic drugs that are available (in up to a 30-day supply).
How is the amount for a 30-day or 90-day supply determined?
The 30-day or 90-day supply is based upon the average dispensing patterns for the specific drug and strength. The program, as well as the prices and the list of covered drugs, can be modified by Albertsons at any time without notice and at Albertsons discretion.
Will Albertsons continue meeting or beating competitor prescription pricing?
With the launch of the new Albertsons Rx-tra Savings program, Albertsons pharmacies recently discontinued its “Meet or Beat” prescription pricing program.
* The day supply is based upon the average dispensing patterns for the specific drug and strength. The program, as well as the prices and the list of covered drugs, can be modified by Albertsons at any time without notice at the discretion of Albertsons.
DISCOUNT ONLY – NOT INSURANCE. Discounts are available exclusivelythrough participating Albertsons pharmacies in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado,Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. Persons receiving benefitsfrom a publicly funded health care program, including Medicaid andMedicare, are ineligible. You may cancel your registration under theRx-tra Savings Program at any time by contacting 1-866-223-9675.