Quick and Easy Tuna Salad Rustico
Sep 18th, 2014
Tuna Salad Rustico
- 1 can (12 oz) or 2 cans (6 oz) or 1 pouch (7 oz.) albacore tuna
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinaigrette vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 1-inch thick slices crusty bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. drained capers (optional)
- 4 oz. mixed baby field greens
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes; marinate in 1/4 c. vinaigrette.
- Fry onions in vegetable oil in small saucepan until golden brown.
- Brush bread generously with olive oil. Broil or grill until lightly toasted.
- Combine remaining vinaigrette with albacore, tomatoes, capers. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On each plate, place toasted bread slice, mound with albacore mixture, salad greens and asparagus. Top with fried onions and remaining vinaigrette.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.