- 1 w1 boneless beef round rump roast or beef bottom round roast (3 to 4 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325 degree oven 1 ½ to 2 hours for medium-rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees for medium rare. Let stand for 15 minutes. Carve roast; season with salt.