American-Style Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower seeds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1-3/4 to 2 pounds boneless American Lamb sirloin roast
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes. Mix in spinach, basil, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Mix in feta cheese; set aside.
- Remove all visible fat from meat; slice halfway through meat down center lengthwise. Cover with plastic wrap, and with meat mallet pound to 1-inch thick.
- Place filling down center of meat; roll and tie with string at 2-inch intervals. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Place on rack in roasting pan and roast in 325° F oven to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium or 170° F for well. Cover and let roast stand 10 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10° F.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.