Asparagus Soup with Fried Egg Baguette
- 2 1/2 cups ready-to-serve reduced fat chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 6 fried eggs
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and cream cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into six small bowls. Top with toast and fried egg. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.