Autumn Apple, Ham, and Goat Cheese Salad
- 6 oz cooked boneless ham, cut into match-stick size strips
- 3 5 oz bags spring mix salad greens
- 3 gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, or dried cranberries
- package glazed walnuts, or 1 1/2 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, halved and separated into pieces
- 2/3-3/4 cup bottled champagne, or balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine salad greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and onion in very large salad bowl. Pour vinaigrette over mixture; gently toss until lightly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture onto individual salad plates. Top with ham; sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.