Beet and Potato Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup whole pickled beets, drained
- 2 cups diced, cooked potatoes
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In medium saucepan, place chicken breasts and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a simmer; cover and cook for 8 minutes, until chicken breasts are firm and opaque. Remove chicken from pan; cool.
- Dice beets and place in small bowl; set aside. Chop chicken into 1 inch chunks; place in large bowl. Stir in potatoes, beets, red onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Line large serving platter or bowl with watercress. Top with chicken and potato salad. Sprinkle with bacon and walnuts.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.