Japanese Beef Steak Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 cups sliced Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 24 pea pods, blanched
- Marinade and Dressing:3 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs dry sherry
- 2 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs chopped green onion
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs dark sesame oil
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once. For dressing, add 1/4 cup water, green onion, sugar and sesame oil to remaining marinade; mix well.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes. Carve steak.
- Combine cabbage, lettuce, carrot and radishes; divide among 4 plates. Arrange cucumber, rice, pea pods and beef on salads. Serve with dressing.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.