Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 10 oz 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, celery, spinach, and potatoes. Sprinkle with mustard and thyme. Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 40 to 60 minutes.
- In batches, purée the soup in a blender. Return soup to pot and stir in shredded cheese.
- Slowly whisk in milk and return to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.