Candied Pomelo Rind
- 1 pomelo
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Use a paring knife to make four slices along the top of the pomelo rind to the bottom. Peel pomelo, saving the fruit for a different purpose.
- Carefully remove all of the white pith from the green peel. The pith is quite bitter, so you want to remove as much as you can. Discard the pith.
- Slice the pomelo rind into ¼-inch by 3-inch sticks.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place pomelo rind in the pot and blanch for 1 minute. Discard the water and rinse rind under cool water. Repeat this process three times. This will help to remove a lot of the rinds bitterness.
- Place 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add pomelo rind to the sugar water and simmer for 1-1 ½ hours, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rinds are translucent.
- Carefully move the rinds to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for about 3 hours, turning them halfway through.
- Store in a sealed container.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.