Coconut Scotch Bonnet Coleslaw
- 1/2 medium-sized head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbs plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs hibiscus tea
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp Scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a food processor, combine coconut milk, yogurt, hibiscus tea, green onions, white vinegar, lime zest, pepper sauce, salt, and sugar until smooth.
- Toss shredded red cabbage in sauce until equally coated. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve as a side dish to complement jerk chicken or any tropically inspired dish.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.