Peruvian Grilled Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Cilantro Sauce
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in (with or without skin), about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced to garnish
- 2 cups white rice (optional), cooked
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- Sauce2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the coals for the grill or preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cayenne and salt. Rub the chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
- Grill the chicken until it is nicely charred all over and the internal temperature is 160°F when tested with a thermometer.
- SauceWhile the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- To serve, spoon a bed of rice onto each of 4 plates, divide the sauce among them, arrange chicken thighs on top of the sauce and garnish with avocado slices and dollops of sour cream.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.