Apricot Lamb Won Tons
- 1 10 oz jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked lamb leg or shoulder, finely chopped (about 8 oz)
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1 16 oz package won ton skins
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- For glaze, in 2-quart saucepan, combine preserves, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Combine lamb, carrot, radish, cashews, and 1/2 cup of glaze; add 1/2 cup water to remaining glaze and set aside to use as a dipping sauce. Place 1 tsp of lamb mixture in center of each won ton skin. Fold one corner over the filling to meet opposite corner and moisten edges with water to seal. Keep won ton skins and filled won tons covered in damp towels while you work so they do not dry out.
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 360°F. Fry three to four won tons at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown; turn over once. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.