Balsamic-Spiced Lamb Kabobs
- 1 lb lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 cantaloupe or pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- In bowl, combine: vinegar, oil, water, rosemary, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Reserve 1/4 cup for basting.
- Add lamb cubes; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain meat cubes; discard marinade.
- Thread lamb, cantaloupe or pineapple, and green onion onto skewers.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or broil 4 inches from heat source.
- Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Turn several times and brush with marinade.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.