BBQ-Rubbed Beef Roast
- 1 beef eye round roast (about 2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tsp water
- 1- 3/4 lbs small new red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- BBQ Rub3 Tbs chili powder
- 3 Tbs packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine BBQ Rub ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons rub for potatoes. Press remaining rub mixture evenly onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile, combine reserved rub with 2 teaspoons water in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Place potatoes on metal baking pan and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover potatoes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; serve with potatoes.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.