Beef Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
- 4 to 4- 1/2 lbs beef brisket, flat cut
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 Tbs prepared horseradish
- Heat oil over medium heat in stockpot until hot. Place brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove brisket.
- Add onions to same pan. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Pour off drippings. Return brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add beef broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork-tender.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until reduced by half; stir in horseradish.
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with horseradish sauce.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.