Beef Skewers with Garlicky White Bean Dip
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Garlicky White Bean Dip1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great Northern beans or cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- To prepare Garlicky White Bean Dip, place beans, water, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Spoon 1/2 of bean dip into clear serving bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Top with remaining bean dip, 1/4 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover; set aside.
- Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Meanwhile cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Combine garlic-pepper seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon paprika; sprinkle evenly over beef.
- Place skewers on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil about 4 to 5 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Serve with Garlicky White Bean Dip.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.