- 3 cups fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place ginger in the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard the water (or reserve it for a hot toddy) and rinse ginger under cool water.
- Place two cups of water and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ginger to the sugar water and simmer on low heat for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Remove from heat and strain.
- Carefully move the ginger to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for 8 to 10 hours in a cool dry place, turning them halfway through.
- Store in a sealed container.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.