Candied Spiced Pecans
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, sift together granulated sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple extract, brown sugar, and water.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a skillet. Slowly whisk in brown sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Add pecans and stir to coat. Simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes until well coated.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer pecans to the reserved sugar and spice bowl. Coat pecans with sugar and spice mixture.
- Place pecans evenly on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir pecans and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.