Chicken Breasts Normandy
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken well with flour mixture. In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes on each side, just until golden. Remove chicken to casserole dish, arranging in single layer.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in apple slices, apple cider, brown sugar, and vinegar. Simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour apple mixture over chicken and bake for about 20 minutes. Plate chicken and pour the sauce over the each piece; serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.