Classic Rack of Lamb with Cherry-Pecan Sauce
- 2 lamb racks, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse ground mustard
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cherry Pecan Sauce1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries, soaked in hot water and drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- On roasting rack in a shallow baking pan, place lamb meat-side up. Spread mustard over meat.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, rosemary, and pepper. Pat bread crumb mixture over mustard.
- Roast at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes per pound or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Serve with Cherry Pecan Sauce.
- Cherry Pecan SauceIn a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat, and cook onion 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, beef granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Combine water and cornstarch; mix well, and blend into sauce. Bring to a boil stirring until thickened.
- Add cherries and pecans. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Makes about 1 1/4 cups of sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.