Cranberry Hibiscus Sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine, (pinot noir works well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 clove
- 1 Tbs dried hibiscus leaves
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 12 oz package of fresh cranberries
- Place hibiscus leaves and clove on a piece of cheesecloth and tie into a tight bundle. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, red wine, water, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add hibiscus clove bundle to the liquid and boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir orange zest into mixture and add cranberries. Bring mixture back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes until the liquid reduces. Pour cranberry sauce into a mason jar and let cool uncovered.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week before Thanksgiving.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.