Crusty Almond Lamb Rack Chops
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup Japanese-style (panko) bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 2 lamb racks, trimmed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbs water
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic with lemon pepper, cumin, and salt. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and almonds. Add to skillet and cook until light golden-brown; set aside.
- Place lamb, bone-side down, on rack in roasting pan.
- In small bowl, beat together egg white and water, brush on top of lamb. Pat crumb mixture on each lamb rack.
- Roast in 375ºF oven to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Allow lamb to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.