Grilled Lamb Cutlets with Red Pepper Jelly and Colorado Potato and Fig Salad
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup red pepper jelly
- Colorado Potato & Fig Salad1 lb Colorado russet potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried California mission figs
- 2 Tbs chopped oregano
- 2 Tbs chopped chives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Slice lamb leg in approximately 1/2-inch-thick cutlets; rub with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on hot grill about 2 minutes per side or until medium-rare to medium. Do not overcook.
- In a small sauce pan, warm red pepper jelly to liquefy.
- Colorado Potato & Fig SaladIn a large pan, cover potatoes with cool water. Bring to a simmer; cook until fork-tender, about 90 minutes. Peel potatoes while warm and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes. Gently fold in celery, carrots, shallots, figs, oregano, chives, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice; russets will soften to a coarse mashed texture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange lamb on serving plate with Colorado Potato & Fig Salad. Drizzle meat and plate with red pepper jelly.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.