Holiday Lamb Pie
- 1 box pie crust (2 crusts, 15 oz total)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, well drained
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked lamb, cut into1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbs water
- Remove pie crusts from box following package directions.
- Unfold crust; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
- Place floured side down on 9-inch pie plate.
- In small skillet, melt butter and cook onion for 4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook 2 minutes, let cool.
- Spread spinach mixture on pie crust.
- In large bowl, stir together lamb, ketchup, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spinach.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, and allspice; spread over lamb.
- Brush pastry edge with egg wash.
- Top with remaining pie crust.
- Crimp together edges of dough to seal.
- Brush with egg and water wash.
- Make slits in top.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.