Holiday Stuffed Crown Roast with Cranberry Relish
- Lamb1 lamb crown roast, tied and formed into a circle
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cranberry Relish1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbs lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 16 parsley sprigs
- LambPlace roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- In large bowl, combine bread cubes, 1 cup cranberries, celery, onion, sage, salt, pepper, broth, and butter. Mix well.
- Fill center of roast with stuffing. Roast at 375ºF for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Garnish with mandarin oranges and parsley.
- Slice between ribs and serve with stuffing and cranberry relish.
- Cranberry RelishIn food processor, process 3 cups cranberries. Combine cranberries, honey, lemon rind and nutmeg to make relish; mix well.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.